Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Disasters & Fairytale Weddings

Golly....I really didn't realize it had been so long since i blogged! So much has been going on in our world in the last few weeks. Easter, the recent weather outbreaks, the everyday family issues, etc. My heart is so heavy today over the devastation left in the wake of yesterday's Alabama tornadoes....upon viewing the footage of the twister that came thru Tuscaloosa - it looks more like an Atomic Bomb went off instead of a mere natural disaster! It's been 3 years since the horrific F-3 tornado tore thru my home town of Stuttgart, Ar. I thought I'd seen it all after that...not even close. My heart goes out to those folks in our neighboring state....it was the same storm system that caused us here in Arkansas to spend a sketchy couple of nights watching radar & listening to the constant storm sirens ourselves. The thought that what happened in Tuscaloosa could've been us is more than sobering to say the least.

The Royal Wedding?? Really. Geez! Is that really all that important after the week we've just watched unfold?? I will admit - Kate Middleton is beautiful and Prince William looks so very much like his "mummy," the late Lady Di, that is it uncanny. And I will be interested to see what her dress looks like....but other than that, it just seems all so unimportant overall. Do they really have to pre-empt the Young & Restless tomorrow? Geez....LOL

Update on Ryan and his "Marines" endeavor: He is currently scheduled to go to boot camp in San Diego, CA. in October (Not in June as we thought) - meaning he will be gone over the holidays! :( But it is what it is and life will go on around that. This is his "mission" in life he says. Okay. Am I any more accepting of this decision?? Not Really. But again, it is what it is! I am no longer suicidal over his decision, I cannot say i am yet to the "accepting" stage here, but believe me when i tell you that I've come along way!

Stay safe friends, remember what is really important in this world we live in so temporarily in and what somehow can be overcome simply w/tolerance & prayer. It's the afterlife that should consume our thoughts and not the troubles of this world!! Prayers to our Alabama friends! Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment